According to Deadline, "[d]espite NBC‘s decision last week to pull low-rated new showReady For Love from the schedule, the dating reality series will continue to run as scheduled, just not on the broadcast network. Instead of pushing the unaired episodes to summer, NBC is putting them on NBC.com, VOD, Electronic Sell-Through (iTunes, Amazon, Vudu, etc.) and Hulu. In all, three episodes of the serialized/competition show aired on NBC for the past three Tuesdays. Starting next Tuesday, April 30, a new episode will be made available until the finale on June 4. Keeping a weekly release is unusual for streaming of TV series, which is normally done through so-called binge viewing. But while that is reserved mostly for scripted series, Ready For Love‘s airing pattern will adhere to the one viewers are accustomed to for unscripted series."
NBC has set premiere dates for three summer series. Crossing Lines, which taps into the charter of the International Criminal Court to investigate serialized cross-border crimes and hunt down global criminals, will launch Sunday, June 23 with a special two-hour premiere at 9p. The Winner Is... (the singing competition series with the strategy of a game show) premieres Thursday, July11 at 9p. Hollywood Game Night, which is based on the real-life game nights of creator Sean Hayes, premieres Thursday, July 11 at 10p. Do yourself a favor and please skip the Hollywood Game Night.
MTV had its upfronts yesterday. Brace yourself.
- MTV and Dimension Films' one-hour pilot will reinvent the Scream film franchise to a legion of unsuspecting fans. Dimension Films is in discussions with the films' original director Wes Craven to direct the project, and DiGa Vision will serve as a producer. The series is slated for a summer 2014 debut.
- Docu-drama Generation Cryo explores the issues faced by a new generation of kids coming of age who were conceived via anonymous sperm donors and are redefining what it means to be a family.
- Nurse Nation [wt] follows nine twenty-something travel nurses all assigned to work at a new hospital in a brand new city for 13 weeks.
- Individuals looking for a match will choose from four potential suitors based on their social media history on The Hook Up [wt], a dating show that will air as an afternoon strip.
- Snooki & JWOWW has been renewed for a third season and will continue to follow Jersey Shore BFF's Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi and Jenni "JWOWW" Farley as they navigate the radical changes that life keeps throwing at them.
- Comedian, actor and host Nick Cannon will debut the re-imagined improv comedy show Nick Cannon Presents Wild N Out on Tuesday, July 9 at 11p.
- The laws of manhood will be upheld as some familiar MTV2 faces determine the guilt or innocence of a variety of cases in accordance with guy code in the half-hour comedic series Guy Court, set to premiere in fall 2013.
- Mac Miller and the Most Dope Family will return for a second season. The show will begin production later this year to premiere in early 2014.
9.6 million people watched the season 3 finale of Duck Dynasty earlier this week. Good lord.